Better Business Cases™
is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process that sits alongside, and complements, HM Treasury’s Green Book
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. This provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention - a case for change
- Setting clear objectives - what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions - ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
Who is it for?
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing spending proposals or their assessment and approval; in particular:
- Accounting Officers - responsible for delivering public value;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers, responsible for successful delivery;
- Directors of Finance, procurement and planning, responsible for the forward planning and prioritization of spending proposals;
- Members of approvals and management boards with responsibility for scrutinizing or approving spending proposals