The ITIL® Practitioner certification offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business' objectives.
It is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM).
ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL qualifications.
About ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
- ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics.
- The ITIL Practitioner guidance follows 9 Guiding Principles:
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it simple
About the ITIL Practitioner Qualification
ITIL Practitioner is complementary to and fits in with the current ITIL qualification scheme.
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold an existing ITIL Foundation certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.