is an extension of Lean Principles, applied in an IT environment. The approach is a way of thinking and acting, focussing heavily on organizational culture. Lean IT is associated with the development and management of Information Technology products and services.
Lean Principles are concerned with:
- Increasing customer value
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value)
- Management as a facilitator
- The involvement of all employees
- Continual improvement
- Preserving value with less work.
Many organizations have adopted Lean IT in order to increase customer satisfaction and to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be familiar with and have knowledge of the basic concepts of Lean and its core principles
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analysis tools
- Have an insight into what Lean IT can mean for an organization
- Have an understanding of the application of the Lean philosophy in an IT environment
- Be able to apply the principles of Lean IT practices under the guidance of a Lean expert.